Overseas Student Health Cover
Overseas Student Health Cover has been mandated by Australian Government for all international students. Students can choose to buy insurance policies from different providers but we can offer it with best prices from the OSHC companies that we have tied up with.
OSHC is designed to meet the cost of medical treatment that you need while studying in Australia. At a minimum such policies must cover the things as given:
- the benefit amount listed in the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) fee for out-of-hospital medical services (for example, a general practitioner)
- all the costs for in-patient medical services (for example, surgery)
- public hospital shared ward accommodation
- private hospital shared ward accommodation (only for hospitals that have contractual arrangements with the overseas student’s health insurance company)
- day surgery accommodation
- some prosthetic devices
- pharmaceutical benefits up to $50 per pharmaceutical item to a maximum of $300 a year for a single membership ($600 for a family membership).
- ambulance services.